Monday, February 17, 2014

How do you tell a story?

How do you tell the unique story of a couple and their wedding day? Sometimes I like to start at the VERY beginning. I  ask  my couples to share a photograph or two or their parents or grandparents etc.  I'm still working on the grooms side, but here is where the brides story starts... her parents wedding photo I'm guessing some 60 years ago and here is our 2014 bride. Photography for me, is more than good composition and quality lighting. It should be assumed and expected that a professional will deliver on that end. But how do you narrate a story that will transport the subject and viewer? Photography for me is a very personal portal, but also a vessel used to connect our minds to the fluidity of our present and past. I hope you enjoy this, these images always make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment