Monday, September 10, 2012

Of course we remember





Every year I host a photo fundraiser titled, “A Smile to Remember”. This event is in memory of a high school friend Lynne Morris, who was lost during the 9/11 attacks. Tomorrow is not the day I remember her most, in fact it’s the day I like to think of her the least. I wrap my brain around the horrific events by reminding myself that there was a brief beautiful lifetime before…. 
  
The mini photo sessions I offer yearly at, "A Smile to Remember" honor Lynne’s smile, energy and laughter…all of which were infectious.

I recall her help on English vocabulary tests (she had the answers... ok I’m sorry but I copied & when we got caught we laughed so hard.. not my finest moment), dancing in my childhood dining room and doing a host of teenage things I wish I could say I’ve out grown… one memory included breaking her college dorm room bed…but you know what… our circle liked to have a good time so we have all continued living with that fun spirit in our own way.

Life will present you with villains and hero’s. Today I think of my friends & family who have been my hero’s with an ear to offer in dark hours and bright.  Of course we remember….how could we forget…
the love, laughter and life that was you.

*This year’s “A Smile to Remember” will be in the winter look at for snow and a post from me shortly after with information. I see sleds, hats, & fun!

Remember to LIKE
Jamie Kaminski Photography on FaceBook
www.JamieKaminski.com



No comments:

Post a Comment