Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Public, Private and Secret






Small business and privacy in the age of social media...how does one balance this?
Jamie Kaminski Photography's first goal is to respect your privacy. My aim is to make images that YOU treasure for the rest of time. Do I want to blast them all over the Internet..OF COURSE  because I'm eXcited about your event and pictures...but pictures fundamentally are personal..they are for you. A wedding is really a wild event. Your making the most private of vows in a most public manner. I am always humbled by the trust placed in my hands to one capture, but two witness. I mean let's face I am the invited albeit hired stranger, with the tools that barrel down at you. I love witnessing those private moments of a whisper or the bride looking at her wedding ring for the first time. It's like a silent movie that only the bride and groom know the dialogue. It's a bit of magic, that secrets moments unfold in front of all the guests. I can tell you that this venue, Chateau Hathorn http://www.chateauhathorn.com/ was elegant, yet comfortable with a staff that was extremely polite and cheerful...and rest assured this is not an easy combination to find.  The food...well let's just say I hope I photograph here again...everything melted in my happy little mouth. To the bride and groom above, warm wishes and a heartfelt thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment