Sunday, November 18, 2012

The "S" family









The contrast between photographing all boys and than all girls never ceases to amaze me. As a mother of two little boys, I really welcome the opportunity to photograph little ladies. The bows, stockings and  shyness ..it's all so darn sweet and fascinating to me.  This is another group of photographs from this  weekend mini's. My love of photography at it's core is a love of history and storytelling. Visually preserving family history, with the goal of my images becoming heirloom treasures to pass down. I used to spend hours at my Grandmother's viewing old albums. It's one of my favorite memories with my Grandmother. While I do have all my images cyber stored, I always include prints in my packages because you need the print. I believe in the power of the tangible. Frame it, stick it on the fridge, paste it in a baby book. There is nothing digital that compares to an actual printed photograph. Can you even handle the baby blues and the knitted dresses.


Remember to LIKE
Jamie Kaminski Photography on FaceBook
www.JamieKaminski.com

No comments:

Post a Comment