Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mommy Photo

I recently had a discussion online of course with two friends I made at grad school. I respect both of their opinions greatly. I was inquiring if one of my previous photo's was worthy of entering into a art show etc. or if it was a Mommy photo. The general tone was that it was a Mommy photo. I was appreciative of the input and it sent my head into a whirlwind. I don't think I necessarily agreed, although I understood the perspective. The truth is I don't know how to label my images anymore and I am not so interested in doing so right now. I am a mother, I am a photographer. I have always pointed my lense towards curiosities, environments and people that consume my thoughts. In 2012 my kids make the top of the list. I think it would be unfortunate for an artist, particularly a mother not to focus on the biggest journey of one's life..motherhood. While it doesn't define me entire being, it threads through every movement I make. So my new goal is to make sure I photograph my boys every week and after awhile see what comes of these images. Art or Mommy photo, as long as I am creating it doesn't really matter to me.....

The image above titled, "My Indecisive Moment" from this morning. I grappled with yelling at them for moving the furniture, jumping etc or to shoot it. Photography wins..it always does...


Remember to LIKE
Jamie Kaminski Photography on FaceBook
www.JamieKaminski.com

No comments:

Post a Comment